Just a couple of weeks ago I shared with you that I had rearranged my office (finding the dead frog). Now besides discovering things in my life I needed to dispose of, I am also experiencing a brand new perspective on life. The interesting things is that all the items in my office are exactly the same – I just see them differently. I have a different view out the window, I see my artwork from a different angle and I even see my clients more easily when they come through the door. All it took was a little rearranging.
I am continually amazed that God’s Word has the same effect on me. My circumstances are the same, but I see them differently. When I read my Bible and spend time in God’s presence, it REARRANGES me and gives me a new perspective on my day, my choices, my frustrations and my responses.
- When I’m frustrated and want to take revenge on that person who let me down AGAIN
- “Love is patient, love is kind, never jealous, boastful, proud, or rude. Love isn’t selfish or quick tempered. It doesn’t keep a record of wrongs that other do.” I Cor. 13:4-5
- When I feel the pressure of making the RIGHT decision
- “With all your heart you must trust the Lord and not your own judgment. Always let him lead you, and he will clear the road for you to follow.” Proverbs 3:5-6
- When I’m exhausted and feeling like there’s no purpose
- “But those who trust the Lord will find new strength. They will be strong like eagles soaring upward on wings; they will walk and run without getting tired.” Isaiah 40:31
- -When I’ve lost my hope
- “He will wipe all tears from their eyes, and there will be no more death, suffering, crying, or pain. These things of the past are gone forever.” Rev 21:4
And the comfort and guidance just goes on and on – I just have to choose to go to the well, and take a good long drink as often as I possibly can.
Challenge for the week: when the difficulties or challenges come your way, instead of trying to rearrange the situation to make it easier on yourself, consider rearranging yourself to bring glory to God.
He has provided everything you need…He loves you with a never-ending love. Your new perspective is right around the corner!!!